May 25, 2012 – Last weekend we continued working on the floor framing and completed two sections of the floor (out of three sections). The majority of the time was spent screwing in corner braces to all areas where two boards join. This was a long and tedious process and not very exciting, so I did not feel it warranted its’ own post.
We are now waiting on some welding that needs to be done. The plans call for some “all thread rod” (which to me looks like rebar), to be welded in various spots around the trailer to tie the floor framing and walls into the trailer frame. A fire officer who works for the DNR and has welding experience was recommended and has agreed to take on the job; however, as I type, the UP is on fire and our fire officer is a little tied up at the moment.
So, we either wait until the flames subside; or we find a new welder. I’ll keep you posted.